Brutal Boks destroy All Blacks despite red card

The Springboks secured a 26-10 win over the All Blacks at Mbombela Stadium to underline their world champion credentials.
South Africa 26 (10) New Zealand 10 (3)
Dominant, emphatic, claustrophobic and clinical. The Springboks have seldom, if ever, dominated an All Black side so comprehensively. Despite a 26-10 final scoreline, the tourists were lucky it was not a lot worse.
New Zealand hardly had any ball, they lost the aerial battle, they were destroyed on the ground and smothered when they did try to launch attacks.
All Blacks coach Ian Foster’s time in charge is now surely measured in hours, not days as his side slumped to a third consecutive defeat.
The Boks’ 16-point margin was the biggest in the professional era between the sides and the second biggest in history.
The All Blacks will limp to Johannesburg for the second Test at Ellis Park next week, but they won’t be relishing the challenge if the outcome and performance at Mbombela was anything to go by. If the Boks were more accurate on attack, they could have scored 40 points or more.
Not even losing scrumhalf Faf de Klerk after 45 seconds derailed the Boks’ relentless display. De Klerk was knocked out when trying to tackle wing Caleb Clarke, forcing Jaden Hendrikse into the match from the start.
Boks coach Jacques Nienaber’s decision to start Hendrikse twice against Wales in July was, in retrospect, a superb move, given how this match unfolded. Had Hendrikse not received so much game time against Wales would his performance have been as good as it was at Mbombela?
Until Shannon Frizell’s 79th-minute try, after impressive wing Kurt-Lee Arendse was off the field after being red-carded for a horror tackle on flyhalf Beauden Barrett, the All Blacks never came close to scoring.
It was an unfortunate end to a superb display from Arendse, whose ability in the air was spectacular as was his general play.
Power game
South Africa’s power game was too much for this callow New Zealand side to handle. The first scrum resulted in a free kick for the Boks. The second in a penalty for the home team and from then on it just collapsed into a heap of misery for the All Blacks.
The Boks, as per the script they would have planned, took a 10-0 lead early on after a Arendse’ early try and the first of three penalties for flyhalf Handré Pollard.
New Zealand were bullied in contact and relentlessly knocked back ...